This site relaunch has been a long time coming. Boy oh boy does this feel a lot more like the real me.
As far as this blog goes, I'll try my best to keep it going with a healthy blend of photographs and words. But, like most creative humans, my inspiration comes in spurts. So consistency might be iffy.
If you have made it this far, you probably have skimmed my "About" page already. If not, make a stop there on your way out ;) I'm going to take this opportunity to do a lengthier introduction of yours truly. It's important to be able to connect with your photographer on a personal level. Technical skills, experience and education are all serious pros, but still they can only take a girl so far. Personality, flexibility, and confidence have taken me just as far as all of my hours with a camera in my hands. I know first hand that when you and your photographer are done with the business side of things, the really great photographers tend to stick around. They become a friend and return to photograph the next big moment. The wedding, the birth, the newborn, the family...and more. While the photographs serve as precious memories, so does the experience with your photographer. The ease of the photo session will stick with you for almost as long as the images will. Walking away from a photo session feeling taken care of, confident, gorgeous and connected?? That's the dream right there.
Of course, I'm not for everyone. No one is. Knowing that is a strength. So, here's a handful of things you might wanna know, plus a few bonus "fun facts".
- I love some good sarcastic banter. If it's mixed well with some genuine realness too.
- I create a safe space the best I can during your photo shoot. So negative self talk isn't welcome. I'll (lovingly) shut that down real fast.
- I value authenticity, so my camera is always up. Relax! You wanna remember the real you. The real feelings, the in between moments. You'll thank me later.
- Communication is a big deal! I'll communicate with you, and I so appreciate it if you communicate with me. Anything you need on your wedding day? Feeling a little nervous before your boudoir session? Questions you have? Let me know. I'm here to help!
- I'm currently learning to ride horses. It's healing my inner child and probably the best thing I've ever done.
- I grew up playing in the water and in the woods Making "soup" out of creek debris, harvesting veggies with my grandmother, catching little critters, and learned from my dad to walk silently through the woods.
- My husband says I own too many pairs of boots. I disagree.
- My favorite smells are leather, the morning air after it rains, and vanilla (not the fake shit. the real shit.)
- The day must start with coffee and end with wine. Except for on the weekends, when it can end with a marg. Otherwise the whole vibe is off.
There ya go, folks. A little sneak peek into my complex, vast, and slightly nutty brain. Hope you enjoy. If you want to stay updated on when I post new photo sessions, or want to stay in the loop about session specials and availability sign up for my email list below.